You might have noticed I love Orlando. I shout it from the rooftops! I make blog posts. I have the shirts. But I have a dirty little secret…I’ve never had some truly iconic Orlando experiences.
- I’ve never eaten at the Beefy King.
- I’ve never been to Gatorland.
- I never went to fight night or made out with a member of *N’SYNC in the VIP of Roxy Night Club (much to my chagrin).
- I’ve never had a drink at Will’s Pub or Wally’s Liquor.
- I’ve never done a swan boat ride in Lake Eola (have drunkenly sat in them though. Does that count?)
- I’ve never gotten my car towed downtown.
- I’ve never been to the Florida Citrus Parade.
- I might be the only person who has never been to an Orlando City Soccer Club game.
- I haven’t done several classic Winter Park traditions like ice skating, dinner on the avenue, or Howl-o-ween.
- I’ve never made pancakes at the Old Spanish Sugar Mill in Deleon Springs.
Woah. Feels good to get that off my chest. Your turn, what’s on your list that you’ve never quite gotten to in the City Beautiful?